Thank you for your interest in employment at United Way of Coastal Fairfield County.
Currently Open Positions
Job Title: PR/Marketing/Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director of Bridgeport Prospers
Bridgeport Prospers is a unique collective impact initiative through the United Way of Coastal Fairfield County. Bridgeport Prospers is a new way of working together to create exceptional results for our young people and community. We are coming together around a shared community vision.
We believe in working intentionally across the entire cradle to career continuum and using data and evidence to inform our decisions. We are engaging local stakeholders from all backgrounds to track our progress and adjust our course.
The Public Relations/Marketing/Communications Manager will report directly to the Executive Director of Bridgeport Prospers. We are looking for an innovative, energetic individual who will be responsible for working with the Bridgeport Prospers Executive Director, Project and Outreach Manager and various consultants to build awareness about our initiative and develop meaningful relationships with members of the Bridgeport community. This person will be a vital member of the overall United Way team and will coordinate with the communications manager of the United Way on a regular basis to ensure brand compliance and message consistency.
Essential Duties and Functions
• Work to strengthen and develop relationships between Bridgeport Prospers and the Bridgeport community, including social service, school, church, and business leaders, as well as other community stakeholders
• Conceive, write, edit and produce original, engaging content for email campaigns, e-news, engagement activities, social media, advertising and marketing materials to support recruitment and community outreach/PR strategies
• Develop and manage marketing communications strategies, plans, projects, tactics and core messages, make recommendations, identify opportunities, and leverage resources to achieve marketing objectives and outcomes
• Work with staff to manage the design and layout of informational and supplemental organizational materials
• Edit or rewrite existing copy; read and proof materials for accuracy, style, consistency, voice and readability, recommending and making changes where necessary
• Monitor, manage and coordinate photography, videography, graphic design, production, web design, media relations, publicity, and brand development
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with local and regional media contacts
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for a team player with:
• A commitment to the Bridgeport community;
• A passion for telling stories;
• A willingness to learn new skills;
• A preference for working collaboratively to achieve shared goals and enhance programs and services;
• A belief in the value that diversity, equity and inclusion brings to collective impact work;
• A positive and flexible attitude; and
• A commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
The Experience We Are Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in managing the development and implementation of strategic marketing/communications plans
• Excited and passionate about community-based initiatives and engaging a diverse, dynamic group of community stakeholders
• Strong strategic planning and project management experience
• Ability to self-manage and work independently, but also collaboratively
• Ability to foster new connections and build relationships in the community
The Knowledge and Skills You’ll Need
• Excellent writing and editing skills, particularly for storytelling
• Demonstrated ability to implement public relations strategies
• Proficiency with content management and broadcast email systems (such as Constant Contact)
• Ability to utilize social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and various blog platforms) for marketing and communication purposes
• Experience with graphic design and layout using Adobe CC tools
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining close attention to detail
• Fundraising experience and knowledge of community philanthropy and local nonprofit organizations a plus
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, open and collaborative environment
• A love and understanding of Bridgeport and a strong desire to help build rewarding lives and a thriving Bridgeport community, cradle to career, is preferred
What We Offer
• Competitive salary and benefits based on experience
• A team-oriented work environment
• Opportunities to build skills, make creative contributions and develop professionally
Please submit cover letter and resume to Allison Logan, Executive Director- Bridgeport Prospers at firstname.lastname@example.org or send to United Way of Coastal Fairfield County, 855 Main Street, 10th Floor, Bridgeport, CT 06604 c/o Allison Logan. Please reply by November 24, 2017.
United Way of Coastal Fairfield County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This organization does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.